I did this survey about this time last year, its time to do it again
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made plenty, some I kept, some I didn’t but I tried my best with all of them
3. What countries did you visit?
4. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More stable relationships
5. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
September 17th, the best day of the year, August 31 where it all began, November 19th A Chorus Line with The Novocastrian, November 23rd & December 2nd both heartbreaking
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year??
7. What was your biggest failure?
Everything to do with my thesis, I feel way behind (Still)
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
9. What was the best thing you bought?
10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
TCF and The Novocastrian for always being there, and Miss Gravy for being my biggest cheerleader.
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
They know who they are
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A Chorus Line, Jersey Boys, The Noosa and Brisbane Writers Festivals
13. What song will always remind you of 2012?
The 'Happy' Mashup
14. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Enjoy the precious time I had before I lost it again
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
17. How will you be spending Christmas?
It is my last Christmas living with my parents, so with them.
18. Did you fall in love in 2012?
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
20. What was the best book you read?
Gone Girl: Gillian Flynn tied with The Marriage Plot: Jeffery Eugenidies
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rediscovering old show tunes
22. What did you want and get?
New friends, a place of my own, fleeting moments of contentment
23. What did you want and not get?
Prolonged moments of contentment
24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29, suitably quiet day, with a Clarke double hundred and dinner with TCF and her boyfriend.
25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Shabby. I don’t care about what I wear, I only choose what I wear if I want to impress someone.
27. What kept you sane?
Kindle, TV shows, and TCF (in that case literally)
28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
29. Who was the best new person you met?
The English Lass, it is not even close.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?
People are shit except those I like. It is blunt but very true