I know its early, but it’s the best time to do this, considering
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Online dating, taking control of my own life.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made plenty, some I kept, some I didn’t but I tried my best with all of them
3. What countries did you visit?
4. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Stability and independence.
5. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
February 10: saying goodbye, August 8th: that goodbye kicked in, August 21: the day I started living again, November 3rd: the best day of my year.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year??
Surviving it, literally
7. What was your biggest failure?
Everything to do with my thesis, I feel way behind
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
9. What was the best thing you bought?
A huge ZIP drive, and more bandwith
10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brother for coming back when I needed him most, FS, TCF, EM, Speedy, and a few others for helping me through
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Apart from my own? The ALP.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Gillian Welsh: Time (The Revealtor), Ryan Adams: Do I Wait?, Fleetwood Mac: Go Your Own Way
14. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
At this exact time? Much sadder. From NYE? Much happier.
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Less self destructive behavior.
17. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my brother and the fam fam.
18. Did you fall in love in 2010?
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
20. What was the best book you read?
The Politician: Andrew Young
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Old School Marvin Gaye
22. What did you want and get?
Not much. Some great new friends are nice though.
23. What did you want and not get?
24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28, a probable day of shit turned out nicely.
25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Letting go, moving on, staying strong.
26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
27. What kept you sane?
Peeps mentioned above, thirtysomething, Brothers & Sisters, Felicity, lots of tunage, & the Kindle
28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Suicide Girls (Can I fancy them all?)
29. Who was the best new person you met?
TCF, the internet can sometimes work wonders
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
Eat the shit up and spit it back, its not tasty, but it is good for you.